Terms & Conditions of Sale
This document was last updated March 2, 2015.
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Sale ("Terms of Sale") carefully before purchasing any goods through the www.sportdog.com website ("Website" or "Site"). By purchasing any goods through the Site, you are acknowledging that you have read all of these Terms of Sale, and are agreeing to be legally bound thereby. If you do not agree to these Terms of Sale, please do not purchase any goods through the Site.
This agreement ("Agreement") contains the terms and conditions that apply to your purchase of products and/or services from Radio Systems ("Radio Systems," "we," "us" or "our") through our Website. By accepting delivery of the products and/or services and support described on the invoice, you (the “Customer”) agree to be bound by and accept these terms and conditions. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY (i) UNLESS THE CUSTOMER HAS SIGNED A SEPARATE PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH RADIO SYSTEMS, IN WHICH CASE THE SEPARATE AGREEMENT SHALL GOVERN; OR (ii) UNLESS OTHER RADIO SYSTEMS' STANDARD TERMS APPLY TO THE TRANSACTION. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, in Radio Systems’ sole discretion.
1. Acceptance. Your acceptance of each and all of these Terms of Sale shall be indicated by any of the following, whichever occurs first:
- By your written acknowledgement of these terms and conditions;
- By your acceptance of any shipment of any part of the items specified for purchase or delivery by you to Radio Systems;
- By your placing any order for products or services on this Website; or
- Any other act or expression of acceptance by you.
2. Payment Terms; Orders; Quotes; Interest. Terms of payment are within Radio Systems' sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to by Radio Systems, payment must be received by Radio Systems prior to Radio Systems' acceptance of an order. Payment for the products and services and support must be made by credit card or some other prearranged payment method accepted by Radio Systems unless Radio Systems has agreed to credit terms in writing. Product and pricing data may change without notice. Final pricing on a Customer’s order is effective on the date that payment for the order has been received. Invoices are due and payable within the time period noted on the reverse side of the invoice, measured from the date of the invoice. Radio Systems may invoice parts of an order separately. Orders are not binding upon Radio Systems until accepted by Radio Systems. Any quotations given by Radio Systems will be valid for the period stated on the quotation. Customer agrees to pay interest on all past-due sums at the highest rate allowed by law. Customer shall indemnify and hold Radio Systems free and harmless from and against the imposition and payment of all taxes, whether or not they are stated in any invoice for products shipped to Customer.
3. Shipping. Orders placed through the Site are subject to product availability and will be shipped according to the shipping terms contained in these Terms of Sale and the shipping terms and charges presented on the Site at the time of purchase. In the unlikely event that your order never arrives, we must receive notification in writing (including email) or phone within sixty (60) days of the shipping notification email that you received. Shipping charges are not refundable except where expedited shipping was purchased but not provided, in which case Radio Systems will credit the account for the difference in cost of the shipping purchased and the shipping provided.
4. Shipping Charges; Taxes. Separate charges for shipping and handling will be shown on Radio Systems' invoice(s). Unless Customer provides Radio Systems with a valid and correct tax exemption certificate applicable to the product ship-to location prior to Radio Systems' acceptance of the order, the Customer is responsible for sales and all other taxes associated with the order, however designated, except for Radio Systems' franchise taxes and taxes on Radio Systems' net income. If applicable, a separate charge for taxes will be shown on Radio Systems' invoice.
5. Delivery; Title; Risk of Loss. Risk of loss and title to products passes from Radio Systems to Customer on shipment from Radio Systems' facility. Radio Systems shall not be liable for any delays in delivery beyond the reasonable control of Radio Systems including, but not limited to, delays caused by unavailability or shortages of product or product components from Radio Systems' suppliers, natural disasters, acts of war, acts or omissions of Customer, fire, strike, riot, governmental interference, unavailability or shortage of materials, labor, telecommunications, fuel or power through normal commercial channels at customary and reasonable rates, failure or destruction of plant or equipment arising from any cause whatsoever, transportation failures or computer-related transmission failures.
6. Errors on the Site. The pricing and availability of products and or services available through the Site are subject to change without notice. When Radio Systems discovers an error on the Site it will be corrected; however, Radio Systems reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, misstatements, inaccuracies, or omissions, both before and after an order has been submitted to Radio Systems, whether or not the order has been confirmed and whether or not your credit/debit card has been charged. In the event that your credit/debit card has been charged and your order is subsequently cancelled by Radio Systems, Radio Systems will issue a credit to that account in the amount charged prior to the cancellation of the order. You understand that Radio Systems does not control when this credit will be reflected on your account balance. Returns are governed by the applicable sections of these Terms of Sale.
7. Warranties; Limitation of Liability. CUSTOMER REPRESENTS, ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT RADIO SYSTEMS HAS NOT MADE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE QUALITY OR CONDITION OF ANY PRODUCT, OR ANY PRODUCT’S MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS SUITABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE QUALITY OF THE MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP OF ANY PRODUCT, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED HEREBY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL RADIO SYSTEMS BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY PRODUCT PROVIDED TO CUSTOMER THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF USE, EVEN IF RADIO SYSTEMS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER ANY CLAIM IS BASED UPON BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, PRINCIPLES OF INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED OR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY TO ACHIEVE ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE.
8. Return Policies. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your product, you may return it for a full refund of your purchase price subject to the following:
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Defective products are allowed for return for replacement or credit.
- All returns must be within 30 days of the original date of purchase. Thereafter, all sales are final.
- All returns must be in original factory packaging with all original packing materials.
- All miscellaneous manuals, accessories or parts must be included or Customer will be billed for the missing parts accordingly.
- Returns must be shipped freight prepaid. Any return sent back freight collect will be refused.
- To ensure your return is handled promptly, mail your package to:
Radio Systems Corporation
ATT: Consumer Credit Division
10427 PetSafe Way
Knoxville, Tennessee 37932
- Special order items are not returnable.
- Clearly marked discontinued items will not be accepted for return.
- All replacement items will be shipped after Radio Systems has received and processed Customer’s defective return. A new tracking number will be sent to Customer on the replacement item when it ships.
- All credits will be made back to the original payment method within 7-10 business days.
- Radio Systems will not be held responsible for Customer ordering the wrong product(s), and all refusals will be credited minus the freight charges.
- If a package arrives damaged, it is best for Customer to refuse the package. If Customer signs for and keeps the package, Customer should notate the damage when signing for it so that a claim may be filed with the carrier.
- A 25% restocking fee will be charged on all returned RFA-50 wire break locators.
9. Exchanges. From time to time, Radio Systems may, in its sole discretion, exchange products or portions of a product. Any exchanges will be made in accordance with Radio Systems' exchange policies in effect on the date of the exchange.
11. Exports. Customer agrees and represents that it is buying for its own internal use only, and not for resale, export or use outside the United States. All products sold by Radio Systems are intended to be sold only in the United States for use in the United States only. Shipment of any of the products outside of the United States may require a valid export license. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Radio Systems for any violation by Customer of any United States export restrictions. By using this Site you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders or Denied Persons List.
13. Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience of reference only and do not form a part of these Terms of Sale, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom.
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
On September 30, 2010, California Senate Bill 657, also known as the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (the “Supply Chains Act”), was signed into law and codified in California Civil Code Section 1714.43 and California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 19547.5. The Supply Chains Act requires retailers and manufacturers conducting business in California, and conducting over $100 million in worldwide sales, to publicly disclose what efforts that have taken to eliminate slavery and human trafficking from their Supply and Distribution Chains. Pursuant to the requirements provided in the Supply Chains Act, Radio Systems Corporation (“RSC”) provides the following disclosures that discuss our efforts to combat slavery and human trafficking in our supply and distribution chains.
- Verification. RSC requires disclosures from all suppliers regarding Sustainability and Ethical Human Rights practices. RSC performs due diligence to track the chain of custody for all its electronic products from their point of origin at the raw materials level of the supply chain through transfer and production to the end-product stage.
- Audits. RSC conducts internal as well as independent external audits of its suppliers to evaluate compliance with company standards for Sustainability and Ethical Human Rights practices which occur at minimum on an annual basis.
- Certify. RSC requires all suppliers to certify on a regular basis that materials incorporated into its products comply with the laws regarding human trafficking and forced labor of the countries in which it does business.
- Internal Accountability. RSC maintains standards and procedures for employees, contractors, or suppliers who fail to meet company standards regarding Sustainability and Ethical Human Rights practices. RSC’s standards and procedures address labor standards to prohibit all forms of human trafficking and forced labor. These policies are implemented by RSC’s due diligence process.
- Training. RSC is working to train all responsible supply chain employees and management on human trafficking and slavery, with particular training in respect to mitigating risks within the supply chain.
In accordance to the Supply Chains Act, Radio Systems Corporation is dedicated to continuing the expansion of our standards and are taking various measures to better our policies, procedures, and regulations regarding slavery and human trafficking. Please send any and all requests for more information to email@example.com.