How it Works
The SportDOG Brand® In-Ground Fence gives your dog room to run… but not run away! From city lots to large properties up to 100 acres, our system has been proven safe, comfortable and effective for containing all dogs over 10 pounds. Setup is easy: simply bury a wire at the perimeter of the yard. When your dog is wearing its collar and nears the boundary, it hears a warning beep. If your dog continues toward the boundary or tries to leave, the collar delivers a harmless static stimulation as a reminder to stay in the “safe” part of the property. With some simple training exercises, your dog quickly learns to respect the limits you’ve set.
- 100 acre range
- Waterproof receiver collar
- Expandable to any number of dogs with additional collars
- 4 levels of static stimulation to match any dog’s temperament
- Built-in lightning protection
- Anti-linger feature prevents dog from staying in warning zone until battery dies
- Wire break alarm on transmitter
- Tone and vibration options
Installing an in-ground fence is an easy weekend project.
- Plan your layout
- Install and test your system
- Place the collar on your dog and find the right stimulation level
- Train your dog in short sessions during the next two weeks
Skills and tools required: Installation involves simple handiwork with basic yard tools. You’ll be burying wire at a very shallow depth, possibly splicing wire, and patching the surface along the perimeter.