How it Works
The SportDOG® Brand In-Ground Fence™ System gives your dog room to run but not run away. From city lots to large properties up to 4,047, our system has been proven safe, comfortable, and effective for containing all dogs over 4.5 kg.
Setup is easy: simply bury a wire at the perimeter of the yard. When your dog is wearing the collar and nears the boundary, your dog hears a warning beep. If your dog continues toward the boundary or tries to leave, the collar delivers a harmless static stimulation as a reminder to stay in the 'safe' part of the property. With some simple training exercises, your dog quickly learns to respect the limits you’ve set.
- Containment system with rechargeable collar
- Collar features 2-hour quick charge with 1-2 month battery life
- 7 levels of static stimulation
- 305 metres of 2-Gauge Wire, 100 Flags, and 1 Collar Receiver are included to keep your dog contained in a garden up to 54 ares
- Expands to 13.5 ares with purchase of additional Wire & Flag Kits (PRFA-500)
- Expands to any number of dogs with purchase of Add-A-Dog® Collars (SDF-CR-22)
- Training Mode offers 7 levels of instantly selectable static stimulation; Option to train with vibration and tone
- Containment Mode offers 7 levels of stimulation to match any dogs' temperament; Vibration/tone
- Training Mode expands to 3 dogs and Containment Mode expands to any number of dogs with Add-A-Dog® Collar Receivers
- Includes 300 metres of wire and 100 boundary flags
- Can be extended up to 100 acres with up to 2,500 meters of additional boundary wire and flags
- Collar Receiver is waterproof and submersible to 3 metres; Remote Transmitter is DryTek™ waterproof and submersible to 7.6 metres
- Built-in lightning protection
- Anti-Linger Feature
- Wire break alarm on transmitter
Installing an In-Ground Fence™ system is an easy weekend project.
- Plan your layout
- Install and test your system
- Place the collar on your dog and find the right stimulation level
- Train your dog in short sessions during the next two weeks
Skills and tools required: Installation involves simple handiwork with basic yard tools. You’ll be burying wire at a very shallow depth, possibly splicing wire and patching the surface along the perimeter.