What level should I use for my dog?
Always start at the lowest level and work your way up. For training efficiency, it is important to find the right intensity level for your dog. This is called the Recognition Level, at which your dog looks around in curiosity or flicks his ears. Every dog is different and you cannot predict where your dog’s Recognition Level will be. Watch closely for any slight change in behaviour that tells you your dog is feeling the stimulation.
- With the Collar Receiver turned on and properly fitted to your dog, set the Remote Transmitter’s Intensity Dial at Level 1 and press the Continuous Stimulation Button for 1 to 2 seconds.
- If your dog shows no reaction to Level 1, go to Level 2 and repeat the process. YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT VOCALISE OR PANIC WHEN RECEIVING STIMULATION. IF THIS HAPPENS, THE STIMULATION LEVEL IS TOO HIGH AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS LEVEL AND REPEAT THE PROCESS.
- Once you find your dog’s Recognition Level, this is the level you should use when you begin a training exercise.
Products related to this Support Topic:
- SportTrainer® 450 m Remote Trainer
- SportHunter™ 1600 m Multi-Dog Remote Trainer
- SportTrainer® 1200 m Remote Trainer
- SportTrainer® 1600 m Remote Trainer
- WetlandHunter 1825 Remote Trainer
- SportTrainer® 1600 m Remote Trainer with Beeper
- HoundHunter Add-A-Dog® collar (SD-3225)
- SportTrainer® Add-A-Dog® collar with Remote Beeper (SD-1825E)
- SportTrainer® Add-A-Dog® collar (SD-1225E, 1825E)