Setup Step 2: Prepare the Collar Receiver
Charge the Collar Receiver
- Lift the rubber cover protecting the Charging Jack.
- Connect the charger connector to the Charging Jack.
- Place the charger connector into the back of the Charging Cradle.
- Plug the charger into a standard wall socket.
- Charge the Collar Receiver for 2 hours for the first charge and every charge thereafter. Using Li-Ion technology, the Collar Receiver only requires a 2 hour charge. It is not harmful to let the unit charge for more than 2 hours.
- When charging is complete, replace the rubber cover.
If the Collar Receiver is used in or around salt water, the Collar Receiver should be rinsed with fresh water following each use. Prior to rinsing, the rubber charging jack cover should be removed from the power plug socket and left out until the Collar Receiver has air dried.
To Turn the Collar Receiver On:
Press and hold the On/Off Button when the Receiver Indicator Light comes on. The Collar Receiver will beep 1 to 3 times depending on what stimulation range is chosen (page 11). The default is 2 or medium.
To Turn the Collar Receiver Off:
Press and release the On/Off Button when the Receiver Indicator Light comes on solid (red) and the Collar Receiver beeps for 2 seconds.
To extend the life of your battery, turn the Collar Receiver off when it is not in use. Battery life between charges is 40-60 hours for the Transmitter and Collar Receiver. Overall battery life is 3-5 years. If your unit is getting less than half of its original battery life, the battery may need to be replaced. Batteries require a full 2 hour charge before the first use. After initial charge, units will only take 2 hours to recharge. It is not harmful to let the unit charge for more than 2 hours. When storing the unit for long periods, give batteries a full 2 hour charge every 3 to 4 months. If the units have not been charged for an extended period, you may experience a decrease in battery life for the first few uses. Afterwards, the battery life will return to previous capacity levels.