How do I Fit the Collar Receiver for my dog?
To ensure a proper fit, follow these steps:
1. Turn power OFF at the Fence Transmitter.
2. With your dog standing (FIGURE 9A), center the Collar Receiver so the Contact Points are underneath your dog’s neck, touching the skin (FIGURE 9B).
If your dog has a long or thick coat, you have two options to ensure consistent contact: either trim the hair around the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included with your system. Never shave the dog’s neck; this may lead to a rash or infection.
3. The Collar Receiver should fit snugly, yet loose enough to allow one finger to fit between the strap and your dog’s neck (FIGURE 9C).
4. Allow your dog to wear the collar for several minutes, and then recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable wearing the Collar Receiver.
- Avoid leaving the collar on the dog for more than 12 hours per day.
- When possible reposition the collar on the dog’s neck every 1 to 2 hours.
- Check the fit to prevent excessive pressure.