Setup Step 2: Prepare the GPS Collar
TO CHARGE THE GPS COLLAR :
- Lift the rubber cover protecting the GPS Charging Jack located on the bottom of the GPS Collar next to the On/Off button.
- Connect one of the charger connectors to the charging jack.
- Plug the charger into a standard 120/240-volt AC wall outlet.
- Charge the GPS Collar for 2 hours.
- When charging is complete, indicated by the GPS Indicator Light blinking green, replace the rubber cover.
Using Li-Ion technology, the GPS Collar only requires a 2 hour charge. It is not harmful to let the unit charge more than 2 hours.
NOTE: Approximate battery life between charges is 20 hours, depending on the frequency of use.
TO TURN THE GPS COLLAR ON:
Press and release the GPS On/Off button when the GPS Indicator Light comes on green. The GPS Collar will beep 1 to 5 times indicating which channel the collar is on, and the GPS Indicator Light will double blink every 3 seconds until GPS lock has been achieved. Once the GPS Collar has a lock, the GPS Indicator Light will single blink every 3 seconds.
TO TURN THE GPS COLLAR OFF:
Press and hold the GPS On/Off button when the GPS Indicator Light comes on solid red and the GPS Collar beeps for 2 seconds. To extend the battery life between charging cycles, turn off the GPS Collar when it is not in use.