How can I extend the battery life of my system?
Battery life between charges is 40-60 hours for the Transmitter and 15-20 hours for the Collar Receiver. Overall battery life is 3-5 years.
- Turn the Collar Receiver off when it is not in use.
- When storing the unit for long periods, give batteries a full 12 hour charge; this should be done every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Excessive overcharging can shorten battery life. After the initial 24-hour charge, never leave the battery plugged in for more than 12 hours.
- If the units have not been charged for an extended period, you may experience a decrease in battery life for the first few uses. Afterwards, the battery life will return to previous capacity levels.
- Replace battery once the operating time drops to half the original life.