How do I fit the collar properly?
- Make sure the NoBark™ collar is off.
- Start with your dog standing comfortably.
- Place the collar high on your dog’s neck close to the ears. Center the contact points underneath your dog’s neck, touching the skin. Note: It is sometimes necessary to trim the hair around the contact points to make sure that contact is consistent.
- Check the tightness of the NoBark™ by inserting one finger between the end of a contact point and your dog’s neck. The fit should be snug but not constricting. Allow your dog to wear the NoBark™ for several minutes, then recheck the fit.
- Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable with the NoBark™.
Proper use tips:
- Never leave the NoBark™ on for more than 12 consecutive hours.
- For comfort, safety and effectiveness of this product, please ensure the following:
- Check the fit to prevent excessive pressure by being able to insert one finger between a contact point and your dog’s skin.
- Examine your dog daily for any signs of a rash or sore.
- If a rash or sore is observed, discontinue the use of the NoBark™ for a few days.
- If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
- Your dog’s neck and the contact points must be washed weekly with a wash cloth and mild hand soap, then rinsed thoroughly.
A condition called Pressure Necrosis, which is a devitalisation of the skin due to excessive and prolonged contact against the contact points, may occur if the steps above are not followed. Read below for more on pressure necrosis.