The system’s battery life has decreased. I have to charge it more often.
For rechargeable batteries, battery life between charges is 40-60 hours for the Transmitter and 15-20 hours for the Collar Receiver. Overall battery life is 3-5 years. If your unit is getting less than half of its original battery life, the battery may need to be replaced. To maintain the system’s battery life:
- Excessive overcharging can shorten battery life. After the initial 24-hour charge, never leave the battery plugged in for more than 12 hours.
- Turn the unit off when not in use.
- When storing the unit for long periods, give batteries a full 12 hour charge every 4 to 6 weeks.
- If the units have not been charged for an extended period, you may experience a decrease in battery life for the first few uses. Afterwards, the battery life will return to previous capacity levels.
- Replace battery once the operating time drops to half the original life.
Products related to this Support Topic:
- SportHunter® 800 (Discontinued)
- SportHunter® 1200 (Discontinued)
- SportHunter® 1800 (Discontinued)
- SportHunter® 800 Sit Means Sit (Discontinued)
- WetlandHunter® 400 (Discontinued)
- WetlandHunter® 800 (Discontinued)
- FieldTrainer® 400 (Discontinued)
- FieldTrainer® 400S (Discontinued)
- UplandHunter® 1850 (Discontinued)
- ProHunter® 2400 (Discontinued)
- SDR-BEEP Add-A-Dog® Receiver