Setup Step 4: Find the Best Intensity Level for Your Dog
The collar receiver has multiple intensity levels. This allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog. For training efficiency, it is important to find the right intensity level for your dog. This is called the Recognition Level, at which your dog looks around in curiosity, or flicks his ears.
Note: Always start at the lowest level and work your way up.
Finding Your Dog’s Recognition Level:
Note: Every dog is different and you cannot predict where your dog’s Recognition Level will be. Watch closely for any slight change in behavior that tells you your dog is feeling the stimulation.
- With the Collar Receiver turned on and properly fitted to your dog, set the Remote Transmitter’s Intensity Dial at Level 1 and press the Continuous Stimulation Button for 1 to 2 seconds.
- If your dog shows no reaction to Level 1, go to Level 2 and repeat the process.
- YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT VOCALIZE OR PANIC WHEN RECEIVING STIMULATION. IF THIS HAPPENS, THE STIMULATION LEVEL IS TOO HIGH AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS LEVEL AND REPEAT THE PROCESS OR MOVE TO A LOWER STIMULATION RANGE.
- Once you find your dog’s Recognition Level, this is the level you should use when you begin a training exercise.
- If you have progressed to the highest level while searching for your dog’s Recognition Level and your dog continues to show no response, check to see if Collar Receiver is snug against your dog’s neck. Then go back to Intensity Level 1 and repeat the process. If your dog still does not indicate he is feeling the stimulation, you have two options: you may either have to trim the hair beneath the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included in your system.
If after completing all of these steps your dog still does not indicate he is feeling the stimulation, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-732-0144.