Setup Step 3: Fit the Collar Receiver
CAUTION: To prevent injury to your pet, please read and follow this important safety information!
Proper fit of the collar is important. A collar worn for too long, or made too tight on the pet’s neck may cause skin damage. This is called bed sores; it is also called decubitus ulcers. If not addressed, sores can worsen, turning into a condition known as pressure necrosis, or advanced bed sores. Early detection is critical to prevent bed sores. If you find redness during the inspection remove the collar. Wash and dry the pet’s neck, collar and contacts. Wait until all redness has cleared before placing the collar back on your pet.
- Avoid leaving the collar on the pet for more than 12 hours in a day.
- Reposition the collar every 1 to 2 hours if possible.
- Perform daily checks of the contact area.
- Never connect a lead to the e-collar.
- Your dog’s neck and the Contact Points must be washed weekly with a washcloth and mild hand soap, then rinsed thoroughly.
- If a rash or sore is found, discontinue use until the skin has healed.
- If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
To ensure a proper fit, follow these steps:
- With your dog standing, center the Collar Receiver so the Contact Points are underneath your dog’s neck, touching the skin. If your dog has a long or thick coat, you have two options to ensure consistent contact: either trim the hair around the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included with your system.
- The Collar Receiver should fit snugly, yet loose enough to allow one finger to fit between the strap and your dog’s neck.
- Allow your dog to wear the collar for several minutes, and then recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable wearing the Collar Receiver.
Products related to this Support Topic:
- SportHunter® 1225
- SportHunter® 1825
- WetlandHunter® 1825
- UplandHunter® 1875
- ProHunter® 2525
- HoundHunter® 3225
- SDR-A Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-AW Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-AH Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-AB Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-FH Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-FC Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-FS Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-CH Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- SDR-H Add-A-Dog® Receiver
- YardTrainer 350
- YardTrainer 105
- YardTrainer 105S
- SportHunter® 800
- SportHunter® 1200
- SportHunter® 1800
- SportHunter® 800 Sit Means Sit
- WetlandHunter® 400
- WetlandHunter® 800
- WetlandHunter® 2000
- FieldTrainer® 400
- FieldTrainer® 400S
- UplandHunter® 1850
- ProHunter® 2400
- ProHunter® 2500
- HoundHunter® 3200
- SDR-BEEP Add-A-Dog® Receiver