Setting up the bark control collar
- Turning Collar On: Press and release button → flash green 5 times → display shows current mode & battery indicator
- Turning Collar Off: Press and hold button → solid red light → Release button → flashes red 4 times
- Display Current Operating Mode: Press and release button → shows current mode
Change Operating Mode:
- Turn collar on → press and hold button → shows current display → solid red light → *continue to hold mode will cycle through → release button once desired mode is selected → collar will flash 5 times confirming selected mode (*Note: When selecting mode you can also press and release button to get to the next mode instead of holding the button down.)
- *User Selected Mode: When cycling through this mode the collar will cycle through all levels 0-9 before moving onto the next mode, Temperament Learning.
- *If you continue to push the button for more than 5 seconds, you will begin changing modes.
- *The light will flash every five seconds to indicate the current mode.
1) Remove the collar from the packaging or from your dog.
2) Plug the battery charger into a standard household outlet.
3) Plug the other end of the battery charger into the NoBark 10R charging port. The light on the collar will flash the sequence Green-Blue-Red to indicate that charging has started.
4) During charging, keep the NoBark 10R in an open, well-ventilated area. The light will flash red twice every 10 seconds to indicate that charging is active.
5) When charging is complete, the collar receiver will flash green twice every 10 seconds to indicate that charging is complete.
6) Remove the battery charger from the charge port on the collar. The light will flash the sequence Red-Blue-Green to indicate that charging is complete.
7) Unplug the battery charger.
*Note: The NoBark 10R will automatically turn off when the battery charger is connected to it. Therefore, following a charge, turn the unit back on before using it.
**Note: If the battery pack is very low (i.e. been used too long or stored for an extended period of time) it may take some time for the unit to indicate that charging has started. If the unit does not indicate that it is charging after 1 hour, the battery needs to be replaced.
Temperament Learning: (indicated by the green light, automatic rising stimulation) Mode tracks the number of corrections needed to substantially reduce the number of nuisance barks. The system provides 10 levels of static correction. It begins with a low-level correction (level 0). However, if excessive barking continues, the correction intensity will increase with each successive bark until the barking stops. This correction level becomes the starting level the next time the dog barks. Once the dog has been quiet for 30 minutes, the dog will need to bark once to lower the stimulation by one level. However if the dog barks continuously for 80 seconds, the collar will be set to the highest stimulation level, the dog will need to be quiet for 30 minutes and then bark once; this will lower the stimulation by two levels. (If the dog barks more then once, then the collar will stay at the highest stimulation level).
Progressive Correction: (indicated by the blue/green light, automatic rising stimulation in which will reset back to level 0) the correction starts at the lowest level and progresses to the next level (to a maximum of Level 9) each time your dog barks within 30 seconds of the previous bark. If your dog does not bark again within 30 seconds, the correction will be reset to the lowest level (Level 0).
User-Selected Correction: (indicated by the blue light, preset will not change until the user changes the level of correction) the user presets the correction level (0-9) that will be used every time the dog barks.
*Note: As a built-in safety feature, if your dog barks 15 times or more within an 80 second period, the NoBark 10R will automatically shut off for 3 minutes. This safety feature is active in all three modes of operation.
*Note: In user-selected mode, always start training at the lowest level of correction. (Level 0). Watch how your dog reacts, and if necessary, progress to the next correction level.
**Note: When the operating mode is changed, the correction level is automatically reset to Level 0.
Observe Dog: During the first 2 days of training, do not use the training device on your dog without direct supervision.
- Never use this product for aggressive dogs.
- Never use this product for separation anxiety.
- Make sure the pet is not wearing another collar while wearing this product.
- Never attach a leash or lead to the strap.
- Do not leave the unit on the pet for more than 8 hours in a 24-hour time period.
- Check collar fit frequently.
- Check contact points for tightness weekly.
- Clean contact points with alcohol weekly.
- Check the dog’s neck for any signs of redness and wash neck weekly.