SportDOG Brand Redefines Tracking Technology with Launch of TEK 2.0
Knoxville, Tennessee (August 1, 2014) – SportDOG Brand, the industry-leading manufacturer of electronic dog training products and accessories, has again broken new ground in dog tracking and training technology with the introduction of the TEK 2.0 Series, featuring range, accuracy and reliability that surpasses every other system on the market.
The heart of TEK 2.0 is the handheld that is preloaded with 1:100,000 full-color topo maps, which can be updated at no cost for the life of the product. The handheld provides an adjustable update rate, and audible feedback on the location and status of up to 21 dogs and/or other handhelds. TEK 2.0 is available in two models: TEK-V2L tracking system and TEK-V2LT combination e-collar and tracking system.
TEK 2.0 is the pinnacle of tracking perfection, using advanced features that allows hunters and dog handlers to venture anywhere with confidence. Features on both the TEK-V2L and TEK-V2LT include:
- HopTek Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) beats interference problems once and for all. Precise locations are instantly obtainable out to 10 miles.
- Voice updates provide a constant, hands-free check on the whereabouts of dogs or other handhelds in the hunting or training group.
- GPS + GLONASS means no downtime. By combining traditional Global Positioning System technology with the Global Navigation Satellite System, the TEK 2.0 handheld is always in touch with one satellite constellation or the other.
- DryTek™ technology guarantees the Collar Receiver is waterproof and submersible to 25 feet.
- Quick and easy navigation is always at the user’s fingertips via the handheld’s icon-based Menu screen and optional Compass view.
In addition, TEK-V2LT builds upon the ground-breaking SportDOG Brand® technology that brought the market the first combination e-collar and GPS tracking unit. Whether training or hunting, TEK-V2LT provides remote training control via 99 correction levels, plus vibe and tone options, as well as a choice of continuous, momentary, rising, or programmable stimulation modes.
To find out more about the TEK 2.0 Series, along with information on adding collars to the system for use with multiple dogs, visit the TEK section at www.sportdog.com.
SportDOG Brand is a subsidiary of Radio Systems® Corporation, a manufacturer of electronic dog training gear and accessories. Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, the company is the industry leader and prime innovator in the development of safe, reliable, and technologically superior dog management solutions. SportDOG™ product lines include remote training collars, no-bark collars, an in-ground fence™ system, and remote tracking systems. The company also carries training gear including whistles, collar straps, dummies, and scents.